Release: Native Salesforce package for Channeltivity PRM
Our next release is going live tomorrow Thursday, November 5th and includes a native Salesforce package that brings Channeltivity PRM functionality into your CRM.
Leveraging Salesforce and your partner management solution together allows the seamless integration and exchange of lead, deal registration and partner data between your partner relationship management software, partner portal and Salesforce.com CRM.Here are the details:
Native Salesforce Package
Introducing an improved Channeltivity PRM experience from within Salesforce. Seamlessly access and manipulate Channeltivity PRM data without ever leaving Salesforce by installing Channeltivity PRM for Salesforce, our native Salesforce package. The package is easy to install and configure using on-screen instructions and an interactive wizard interface.
Depending on which of Channeltivity’s Salesforce integrations you use, the package adds an Iframe to Salesforce’s Lead, Opportunity, Account and Contact layouts that provides a window into any linked Channeltivity record. Installing the Salesforce package gives you many benefits:
- Automatic Single Sign-On from Salesforce into Channeltivity
- Push Salesforce Leads into Channeltivity and assign them to a Partner with two clicks, all from within Salesforce
- View, approve and update Deal Registrations from within Salesforce
- View a Partner Account’s key Channeltivity stats in Salesforce
Our Salesforce package is included free of charge in Channeltivity Salesforce Edition. Learn more, including installation instructions in this article.
Organization and User Change History
When you edit an Organization or User, all your changes will now be recorded in the record’s history section. This mirrors the field history tracking currently implemented for Deal Registration, Lead and MDF Request records and allows you to keep track of all field-level changes along with author and time stamp.
- Internal user account requests can be disabled (Partners > Settings > Partner Module Settings).
- Administrators see system maintenance messages after logging in. This allows us to provide in-app notification of planned system maintenance, upgrades, etc.
- Data APIs: The Query command now supports searching for text that contains apostrophes, e.g. “O’Neill”.
- Many small improvements and bugfixes.
As always, there’s nothing that’s needed from you – all customers will be automatically upgraded.
The Future of Channel Management
Channeltivity Releases Enhanced Salesforce.com Edition