Last Updated: January 1, 2020
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Channeltivity is a data processor of information shared between our customers (manufacturers and vendors) and their reseller channel partners. The types of personal data stored on our platform are those between a vendor, a reseller partner, and the vendor’s end user. As such, the data stored and processed by Channeltivity is primarily simple contact information consisting of an individual’s name, company name, position at company, email, and phone number. All data stored in Channeltivity’s software platform by our customer is their data and is used for the purpose of conducting business with contracted reseller partners.
When you sign up to demo or purchase Channeltivity products, Channeltivity collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home and/or work address and/or telephone number. Channeltivity also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites. Through your use of Channeltivity’s website and services, Channeltivity collects commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history, and internet and network activity and information, such as browsing history and interactions with Channeltivity’s website and software. There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Channeltivity. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Channeltivity for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Channeltivity website.
In the event that you contact Channeltivity for customer support through the website, we may also request that you provide additional user information relevant to the support requested by you. Users are under no obligation to provide such information. However, Channeltivity cannot guarantee that Channeltivity can provide customer support in the event that relevant information related to the use of our products or services is withheld. Channeltivity may retain communications relating to customer support, and/or information drawn from such communications, for statistical and/or reference purposes.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Channeltivity public message boards or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Channeltivity does not read your private online communications with others.
Channeltivity encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Channeltivity so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. Channeltivity is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Channeltivity family of websites or the use of your information by such outside websites.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Channeltivity collects and uses your personal information to operate the Channeltivity website and deliver the services you have requested. Channeltivity may also use your personal information to inform you of other products or services available from Channeltivity and its affiliates. Channeltivity may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services.
Channeltivity keeps track of the websites and pages you visit within Channeltivity, in order to determine what Channeltivity services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Channeltivity to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Channeltivity does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Channeltivity may disclosure your information to companies and individuals who perform business functions on Channeltivity’s behalf. Such functions include hosting the website, analyzing data, and providing other support services. Channeltivity may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Channeltivity may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. Such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Channeltivity, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Channeltivity website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Channeltivity pages, or register with Channeltivity site or services, a cookie helps Channeltivity to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Channeltivity website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Channeltivity features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Channeltivity services or websites you visit.
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we also may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our websites and/or services (e.g., to allow them to tailor ads on third-party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behavior. These companies may use information about user behavior in order to provide customized advertisements across various services and products. In the course of providing these services, products or placing advertisements, these third-party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on any of our websites and/or services and on third party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Retention of Information
Channeltivity retains your information for so long as we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Additionally, you have the ability to unsubscribe from, or opt-out of, our subscriber list for our automated emails at any time, and to disable cookies and other tracking functions through your computer or browser.
ABILITY TO LIMIT USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you provide Channeltivity with personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the personal information that you have supplied to us;
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in information that you have supplied to us;
- To request that your information not be used to contact you;
- To request that your information be removed from any solicitation list that we use;
- To request that your information be deleted from our records; and
- To opt out of being solicited by this website or third parties.
If you request that your personal information be deleted from our records or be modified in any way, there may be a brief delay in our processing that request, while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If you request that your information be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Channeltivity website.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Channeltivity honors Do Not Track signals, and Channeltivity does not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. Channeltivity uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Channeltivity secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Individuals located in the European Economic Area have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to information Channeltivity collects that, alone or in combination with other information Channeltivity collects, can be used to identify you (such information being “personal data”).
Rights with Respect to Personal Data
If you are located in the European Economic Area, your rights with respect to personal data consist of:
- The right to be informed regarding the processing of your personal data, including the personal data collected, sources from which it is collected, categories of personal data disclosed, and categories of third parties with whom your personal data is shared;
- The right to access to your personal data;
- The right to have errors corrected;
- The right to have personal data erased or processing restricted;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervising authority;
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing; and
- When processing of personal data is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent.
Responses to your requests to Channeltivity regarding your personal data will be provided free of charge (including copies of materials), except that we may charge a reasonable fee for any repetitive requests, manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, or further copies. Similarly, Channeltivity may refuse to act upon requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
Channeltivity processes personal data, whether directly or through third-party processors, as needed for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
Commitment to Comply with the Privacy Shield Principles
Potential Liability for Onward Transfers to Third Parties
Channeltivity recognizes that it has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on Channeltivity’s behalf. Channeltivity could potentially be held liable if the third-party agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Categories of Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold in the Preceding 12 Months
In the preceding 12 months Channeltivity has collected the following categories of information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device, which is not lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records (“personal information”):
|Identifiers||Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers||YES|
|Personal information categories described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e)||Social security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, medical information, or health insurance information||NO|
|name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information||YES|
|Protected Classification Characteristics under California or Federal Law||Age (40 years or older), gender, gender identity, or gender expression||YES|
|race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information), or pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions||NO|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||YES|
|Biometric Information||Profile pictures uploaded by users||YES|
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data, other than a photograph of an individual||NO|
|Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement||YES|
|Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements||YES|
|Sensory Data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||NO|
|Professional and Employment-Related Information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations||YES|
|Non-Public Education Information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records||NO|
|Inferences Drawn from Other Personal Information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes||YES|
In the preceding 12 months, Channeltivity has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (i) identifiers; (ii) California customer records personal information; (iii) commercial information; (iv) internet or other similar network activity; (v) geolocation data; (vi) professional or employment-related information; and (vii) inferences drawn from other personal information. Channeltivity does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
In the preceding 12 months, Channeltivity has not sold Channeltivity users’ personal information.
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by Channeltivity, subject to certain exceptions.
- Channeltivity may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Channeltivity or our service provider to: complete the transaction for which the personal information is collected, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of Channeltivity’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform Channeltivity’s contract with you; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; exercise free speech or ensure the right of another user to exercise his or her free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with Channeltivity; comply with applicable laws; comply with a legal obligation; or make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Channeltivity does not, and will not, sell the personal information of users of our website. If, in the future, Channeltivity does sell users’ personal information to a third-party, Channeltivity will provide users with the opt-out and opt-in rights required under the CCPA.
- The right to request that Channeltivity provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information over the preceding 12 months, including the categories of personal information Channeltivity has collected about you, specific pieces of personal information Channeltivity has collected about you, sources from which it was collected, categories of personal information disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing personal information, and categories of third parties with whom your personal information is shared.
- The right to request that Channeltivity disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that Channeltivity has collected in the preceding 12 months.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Channeltivity for the exercise of privacy rights conferred under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, Channeltivity will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or benefits, or imposing penalties, provide you a different level or quality of goods or services, or suggest that you receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services, based on your exercise of your rights under the CCPA. If Channeltivity does choose to offer you financial incentives permitted under the CCPA that result in different price rates, or quality levels, such CCPA-permitted financial incentives will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in any financial incentive program requires your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
To request information regarding Channeltivity’s processing of your personal information or request that Channeltivity delete personal information about you that Channeltivity has collected, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to Channeltivity via https://help.channeltivity.com/support/tickets/new or mail, email, telephone or facsimile addressed to Channeltivity at the address below.
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
1920 Abbott St. Suite 303
Charlotte, NC 28203
T: 877-226-2564 or +1 347-759-5993
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a twelve-month period.
Channeltivity cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if Channeltivity cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Thus, your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Channeltivity to reasonably verify you are the person about whom Channeltivity collected personal information or an authorized representative of such person.
- Describe your request in sufficient detail that allows Channeltivity to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to your request.
Channeltivity will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you on how long Channeltivity expects it will take to respond if Channeltivity is able to verify your identity. Channeltivity will work to process your request within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If Channeltivity needs additional time in order to process your request, Channeltivity will provide you with an explanation for the delay. If Channeltivity is unable to honor your request, Channeltivity will advise you of this fact and provide the reason why.
Channeltivity will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information that could lead to unauthorized access, result in identity theft, fraud, or impose an unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
Channeltivity does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If Channeltivity determines that your request warrants a fee, Channeltivity will inform you of the reason for this decision and provide a cost estimate before completing your request.
California residents are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 1625 N. Market Blvd., Ste. N-112, Sacramento, CA 95834; or by phone at 800-952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Channeltivity’s website and services are not intended for use by children and, as such, are not directed to children. Moreover, Channeltivity will not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 16 to provide us with personal information. Individuals under the age of 13, and in some instances 16, cannot lawfully consent to collection of their personal information. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide Channeltivity with any information (such as your name, email address, or phone number). If you become aware that your child (under the age of 16) has provided Channeltivity with information, please contact Channeltivity immediately. Parents have rights under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) to control what information is collected from their young children online and Channeltivity respects those rights.
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
1920 Abbott St. Suite 303
Charlotte, NC 28203
T: 877-226-2564 or +1 347-759-5993
If you believe that Channeltivity has not adhered to this Policy, please contact Channeltivity at email@example.com. Channeltivity will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Channeltivity commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to data transferred from the EU.
Under certain conditions, as more fully described on the Privacy Shield website (https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint), you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Channeltivity is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission with respect to Channeltivity’s compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Channeltivity may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.