Finding the right partners, getting them signed on – and doing it quickly and effectively – is critical to successfully launching the channel. We’ve worked closely with dozens of companies looking to grow their channel and have noticed differences between the companies that make it and those that don’t.
In general, the ones who succeed have given a lot of thought and attention to how to excel in the channel, which partners are best equipped to sell their product and how to get them out and selling quickly.
Partner Recruitment: Make it Easy for them to Decide to Work with You
When a re-seller comes to your website, can he quickly find the information he’s looking for? Or does he give up because he can’t find what he is looking for?
Partners want to work with companies that are easy to deal with. If it becomes a research project to find info about becoming a partner, that’s a pretty clear sign your company is likely to create unnecessary work for them.
Instead, give some thought to how your website guides potential partners through the process of exploring the opportunity and then signing on. Look at your site through the eyes of a re-seller:
- Is it simple to learn more about becoming a partner?
- When a prospect lands on the “Partners” page, does it present concisely and persuasively the reasons they want to work with you?
- Will a potential partner hear back instantly if they complete your form indicating an interest?
- Does completing your intake questionnaire require a major time investment?
Get Them Faster: Once You Have Their Interest, Make the Process Quick
When it comes to sealing the deal on partner recruitment, Channeltivity’s Click to Contract feature allows you to ramp up faster by automating the initial onboard process. Prospects are presented with partner level agreements and NDAs they can access quickly.
The tool allows you to accept dozens of distinct contracts globally without having to go through the back and forth of a contract’s red line process. It enables you to offer partners the ability to sign online, via our e-signature feature.
Once the contract is signed, keep the momentum by making sure everything partners need to sell – and to do it successfully – is readily available on an easy to use, self-service partner portal:
- Offer a “getting started” doc with clear, crisp guidelines to help them know how to get selling quickly
- Give them a clear understanding of what’s expected of them when they register deals – and what they can expect in return for inputting that info
- Make available price sheets, information on lead generation programs, MDF, evaluation licenses, and competitive discounts.
Especially for companies looking to scale, creating efficient processes for quickly on-boarding
partners is a must-do.
Miss Part 1 of the series? Read more at: How to Ramp Up Partners Faster, Part 1.