Release: Two-way Salesforce Sync of Deal Registrations
The next release of our PRM solution contains a new two-way Salesforce sync of Deal Registrations along with a number of other useful features. It is going live tomorrow Thursday, December 11th between 5 am and 7 am EST. Here are the key improvements:
Basic two-way Salesforce sync of Deal Registrations
Up to now, our Deal Registration integration with Salesforce was single-direction only – when you registered a Deal in Channeltivity, it created a record in Salesforce as well. With this new release, you can now sync select fields from Salesforce back to the Deal in Channeltivity. This is helpful if you want your Partners to see the Opportunity stage from Salesforce within Channeltivity, for example. There are a few restrictions:
- Any Salesforce data that is synced back to the Deal in Channeltivity is read-only and resides in special read-only custom fields. This means that the sync is not truly bi-directional.
- The sync of Salesforce data to Deals in Channeltivity is not instantaneous. You will need to hit the “Sync Now” button or wait for the next hourly sync to complete.
You can configure the Two-way Salesforce Sync of Deal Registration sync by going to Admin > Settings > Salesforce Integration > Deal Registration. More information can also be found in the setup article.
Manually override a Partner’s region assignment
Many of our customers divide their channel Partners into geographic regions that are automatically assigned based on the Partner’s physical address (country, and in some cases also state/province). With this release, you can override the automatic region assignment and manually assign Partners to a region. This can be useful in the following cases:
- You need to track regions on a more granular level than state/province, for example if you have separate regions for Northern and Southern California.
- You have certain Partners that are considered “Global” and don’t want their data to be included in the region-specific reports, in which case you would simply define the global region and manually assign Partners to that region.
You can enable this feature by going to Partners > Settings > Region Settings.
Data APIs: more powerful Query command
The “Query” command of our Data APIs has been improved to allow sorting and more flexible search conditions:
- Additional comparison operators, such as = (equal), > (greater than), < (less than) etc.
- Ability to search for NULL values
- Order your Query results by any field in ascending or descending order.
Refer your portal’s API documentation for full details.
- Include IDs and URLs in Excel Exports of Deals, Leads, MDF Requests, Partners, Users etc.
- Ability to rename the term “MDF”
- Improved parsing of MDF transactions CSV import
- Many small improvements and bug fixes.
As always, there’s nothing that’s needed from you – all customers will be automatically upgraded.
Preparing for a Channel Management Solution
No Silver Bullets for Channel Management in 2015?