Our next release is going live Monday, October 20th
Thursday, October 16th between 5 am and 7 am EDT and contains a number of improvements around Deal expiration, email notifications and visibility/required settings of fields. Here are the details:
New Email Notifications (Lead Distribution, Deal Registration and MDF)
Switch to a more straightforward and powerful notifications engine that is easier to use. The new Email Notifications settings in the Pipeline and MDF modules allow you to specify which Users are notified of which events using an easy-to-understand interface and simplified email templates.
Attention: All customers will be automatically migrated to the new notifications engine on November 12, 2014. You have the option of switching earlier (and back) by going to Pipeline > Settings > Email Notifications or MDF > Settings > Email Notifications.
Improve your Deal Registration workflow by automatically expiring pending Deals after a specified number of days. Configure email reminders to notify Partners and Partner Managers of expiring Deals and those that recently expired. Read the details on How to Configure Deal Expiration.
Expanded Field Visibility and Requirement Settings
The new Field Visibility and Requirement Settings give you granular control over which User and Organization fields are visible and/or required. Using the settings, you can specify which fields are required for Partners but not your internal staff, should appear in which view, or should be turned off altogether. You can configure the Become a Partner form, User Account Request form, User profile, Partner profile and several other views by going to Admin > Settings > Field Visibility and Requirement Settings.
- Partner Users are prompted to update their Partner Organization profile on a regular basis.
- The Partner Manager Widget can be configured to only display the Primary Partner Manager.
- Custom fields can be set as “read-only” for Partners.
- Salesforce integration: Ability to specify which Salesforce record type is used when Channeltivity creates a Lead, Account or Contact record in Salesforce.
- Setting to prevent Users from selecting their Organization’s address when updating their profile (Admin > Settings > Field Visibility and Requirement Settings).
- Improved Internet Explorer 11 compatibility.
- Setting to prevent Partners from making changes to archived Leads, Deals, and MDF Requests (Admin > Settings > Portal Settings).
- Many small improvements and bugfixes.
As always, there’s nothing that’s needed from you – all customers will be automatically upgraded.