The next release of our PRM solution will be going live tomorrow Wednesday, November 6th. Most of the improvements are behind the scenes but there are several customer-facing features as well.
Maintenance Infrastructure Improvements
The bulk of our efforts in this release were spent on improving Channeltivity’s maintenance infrastructure, which handles the scheduling and executing of background tasks in our PRM. This includes sending automatic email reminders, performing portal backups, deploying new customer instances, updating search indexes, etc. We implemented an intelligent task queue and allocation algorithm and improved internal management interface to increase our reliability and long term scalability.
- Forum: More responsive commenting and faster search indexing
- Custom page descriptions for the “Become a Partner” form
- Ability to include partner profile fields on “Become a Partner” form
- Incoming Single Sign-On: Smart invalid session handling (details)
- Custom Fields: Ability to make checkboxes required
As always, there’s nothing that’s needed from you – all customers on the current cloud version will be automatically upgraded.